Alta Administration and Staff in the News
Alta personnel are sharing their expertise at the local, state and national levels!
- Alta Care Group CEO Joe Shorokey has been elected to the Board of Trustees for the Ohio Council of Behavioral Health and Family Services Providers in Columbus.
- Pat Whitaker and Joe Shorokey presented at the recent National ECHO Group conference in New Hampshire.
- Therapist Bethany Crouch has been certified by the National Council for Behavioral Health as a Youth Mental Health First Aid Instructor. Bethany attended a three-day training in Philadelphia to obtain this certification.
- Clinical Services Director Jamie Miller gave a presentation at the National School Mental Health Conference in Las Vegas, along with Judge Teresa Dellick.
- Community Support and Trauma Supervisor Meg Harris was one of the key presenters at the Mahoning County Juvenile Court’s seminar on “Trauma: Impact and Evolving Research” on October 24th.
Sarah Macovitz, LSW, School-Based/Outpatient Therapist for Alta Behavioral Healthcare, recently presented the Therapeutic Garden Program at the American Horticultural Therapy Association’s National Conference in Denver, Colorado. She will also be presenting this program at the National Association of Social Workers Ohio Annual Conference in Columbus later in November.