Children between the ages of 0 to 5
Children referred in this category often present difficulty with challenging behaviors, learning delays and accompanying frustration.
- They may have difficulty with following directions and may throw tantrums.
- They may have difficulty learning how to share, and may have socialization problems.
- They are often referred by parents, family physicians, preschools, relatives and daycares.
Some things to watch for…
- Attention Span ( cant focus, often off-task, distracted when spoken to)
- Behavior ( impulsive, doesn’t follow directions, defies parents and teacher, aggressive to others)
- Mood ( appears sad, tearful, nervous or worried, irritable)
- Social skills (has trouble sharing, waiting his/her turn, playing cooperatively with others)
- Classroom performance (disruptive in classroom, interrupts, learning difficulties)
- Challenging Behaviors in the Classroom (disruptive in classroom, interrupts, learning difficulties)
- Anxious, sad or withdrawn children (isolating, crying, hides from others, tantrums)
- Children with underdeveloped Social Skills ( trouble sharing, waiting, taking turns, cooperating)
- Overactive, impulsive and inattentive children (often distracted, excessive energy, cant focus and pay attention during circle/structured time)