At Alta Care Group (Alta Behavioral Healthcare and Alta Head Start) we are committed to hiring staff who are interested in having a positive impact on those that we serve. We are interested in staff who have a passion for children, a commitment to excellence, and a desire to help us achieve our mission of helping children and healing families. If this is you, we welcome you to consider joining us as part of our family.
Below are just some of the benefits that we offer:
- Flexible schedule available
- Full Hospitalization with two plan options (low employee contribution ; dental and flexible spending account available)
- Life Insurance
- Generous Vacation and Sick Leave
- Personal Days
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid time off for continuing education
- Annual allotment for continuing education
- 401k Retirement Plan with 5% Employer contribution (employee contribution optional via payroll deduction)
- Travel reimbursement
- And more…
Independently Licensed Clinician
Alta Care Group is searching for a Child Family Therapist. Due to our continued expansion we are seeking a Full or Part-Time Independently licensed Counselor to join our team and deliver mental health and counseling services to children, adolescents, and families. Successful candidate will provide counseling services within our offices, the community, schools, or homes, as necessary.
Minimum qualifications must include a Master’s Degree in a behavioral health discipline and licensure with the state of Ohio as Professional Counselor or Social Worker. Some evening work required.
Resume can be sent, emailed or submitted in person to: Jamie Miller, Clinical Director, Alta Care Group, 711 Belmont Avenue, Youngstown, Ohio 44502; or by email to email@example.com. “EEO”
Intensive Home Based Treatment Therapist
Alta Care Group is seeking a clinician to provide Intensive Home Based Treatment to children, adolescents, and their families. Successful candidate will, as part of a team, provide intensive counseling services to a small caseload of families in their natural living environments, school, or other necessary locations in the community. The goal is to reduce risk of placement in restrictive care settings and to prepare families for youth stepping down from restrictive care settings. The candidate will work closely with other community stakeholders, including Child Protective Services and Juvenile Court. On call crisis availability is a requirement. Starting salary is very competitive.
Minimum qualifications must include licensure with the state of Ohio as Professional Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist or Social Worker. Preference with be given to candidates with a Master’s Degree in a behavioral health discipline with Ohio licensure. Some evening work required.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to Rosie Deslandes, Alta Care Group, Inc., 142 Javit Court, Austintown, OH 44515 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. “EEO”
Part-Time Peer Support Worker
Alta Behavioral Healthcare is seeking a candidate for a part-time position and must require a High School Diploma (or equivalent).
Must have a lived experience in mental health recovery.
Candidate must possess:
• Provide education and on-going exploration of needs to peers related to their recovery through all phases-engagement, initiation, stabilization and maintenance.
• Act as a liaison between peers and the professionals involved in their lives.
• Help peers identify strengths, weaknesses and barriers that may exist in their journey towards recovery.
• Model personal responsibility for recovery.
• Assist peers in recovery with community connections and linkages when needed for the betterment of the individual’s goals set for recovery. This includes helping peers identify and connect with natural supports.
• Learn and assist peers in recovery in utilizing positive problem solving skills.
• Engage in outreach.
• Promote self-determination, self-advocacy, well-being and independence with peers in recovery.
• Support peers in recovery in their work towards vocational goals.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to: Vince Paolucci, Alta Care Group, Inc., 711 Belmont Ave., Youngstown, OH 44502, or email email@example.com. “EEO”
Support for Community Collaborations to Strengthen and Preserve Families
Alta Care Group, the area’s leading expert in strengthening vulnerable children, is the parent organization of Alta Behavioral Healthcare, a contract agency of the Mahoning County Mental Health Board, and Alta Head Start, the County’s provider of Head Start and Early Head Start services. Today, staff consisting of nearly 250 people offers a full range of counseling, community support, 24-hour emergency crisis intervention, experiential therapy and psychiatric services to a yearly average of over 3000 children and their families.
Position: The Agency recently received a grant from Ohio Children’s Trust Fund to help support our communities through strengthening and preserving families in Mahoning County. This position will provide direct services to families including administration of screening tools, home visiting, parent education programs, resource management and referral, and family coaching.
Qualifications: This position requires someone who is highly motivated with a strong background in working with families. The person should possess good written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work autonomous.
- Preferred qualifications in this position are Bachelor’s or 5+ years of relevant experience, providing services to families or children, including prevention or treatment related to child abuse and neglect;
- Has strength-based, family-focused, and culturally aware approach;
- Preferred qualifications include experience with evidence- based parenting programs.
- Effective with computer software, proficient in Microsoft, experience with virtual platforms, such as Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams. Good verbal and writing skills.
- Able to travel and work remotely in Mahoning County
- Demonstrated experience working within systems to remove barriers for families seeking services, as well as ability to arrange interagency meetings designed to coordinate services and ensure effective collaboration
Specific activities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide ongoing supportive consultations and case management services delivered either virtually or through a combination of phone calls, emails, skype, or in-person through individual meetings.
- Provide short-term in-home services (i.e. one or two home visits each month)
- Serve as a Family Coach to develop a prevention services plan, outlining the families’ goals and will utilize evidence-based programming to enhance the families’ protective factors and increase the family’s stability.
- Provide parenting programming and facilitate access to Life Skills training, as well as Family Coaching, which will incorporate Motivational Interviewing to assist the family in moving towards behavioral change.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to: Gary Baughman, Alta Care Group, Inc., 711 Belmont Ave., Youngstown, OH 44502, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. “EEO”