New Parent Support Group Will Have Its First Meeting Feb. 21
The kick-off meeting of a newly formed Parent Support Group will take place Thursday, February 21 at 6:00 pm at Alta Behavioral Healthcare’s offices at 711 Belmont Avenue in Youngstown.
The topics for this first meeting will be “It’s OK to say ‘I’m in over my head’” and “How to deal with parenting stress.”
Other topics that will be covered in this or future meetings include:
- Forming Positive Peer relationships
- Communicating with schools and teachers to form a positive attitude towards school
- Advocating for your child
- Balancing work and kids
- How to manage homework
- IEP meetings and 504 plans — how important you are to this process
- Grades are important, but they do not define your child
- How to navigate the resources available to you and your children
- Summer vacation — how to keep the kids engaged and happy
Please contact Kristine Wolford or Bethany Reed Crouch at 330-793-2487 for more information.